Tuesday, January 01, 2008

1st post for 2008

So, here it is - another year, and I'm older and (perhaps) a bit wiser.

Still adjusting to life in the US and figuring out what the hell I'll be doing with my time in the future.

Had a large family gathering in Vancouver this year (it was nice to see everyone); it did prompt some reflection about where I am in my life & what I want to do.

Starting to feel old. Well, not really OLD old, but realizing that I'm really no longer in college anymore and am a part of the mainstream adult workforce now.

Maybe questioning if I really should be using my free time to be playing computer games? On one hand, I think they're okay as an alternate option to movies or TV watching or blindly surfing the internet just for the sake of surfing the internet.

On the other hand, if I'm cutting out doing things that will develop myself socially and personally to accomodate video games (being in a band, writing a book, spending quality time with my wife), then maybe I need to cut back.

Also, I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. Am taking things easy so as to try & reverse it...but instead it feels like I'm just delaying the inevitable.

Personal:

I guess the usual goals of being fitter, happier, stronger, more learned, etc all are things that I'd like to do during the next year.

Now that the wife & I are back to life as usual (ie, no guests and no visits), we're eating more healthy and in smarter portions, and are trying to exercise.

Sight-seeing:

Have been uploading stuff to both Picasawebs and Flickr. (Picasa's desktop software's integrated websharing is awesomely convenient since I use Picasa on the windows box I have); Flickr is nice since there isn't a cumulative limit on content you can upload.

Here's the link to the Picasa page:

Here's the link to the Flickr page:



Fun stuff:

We have a gas-powered fireplace in our apartment and it is really, really warm. I thought such fireplaces were more for decoration. Apparently not - it is keeping the house toasty-warm.

(I'm reconsidering the efficacy of leaving our computer so close to it ).

Trivia:

Finlandia cheese is not produced by the same company that makes Finlandia Vodka.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: