Monday, November 26, 2007

vancouver visit

This weekend went over to Vancouver, mostly to visit family.

This is my first time up there in 10 years. Also the first time in Canada after having lived in Asia.

I could understand a lot of the conversations by Chinese people on the street. Not so much of the conversations in Korean, Japanese, Cantonese, or Hindi (but at least I could tell what they were).

Vancouver is a delightful hodge-podge of a city. It reminded me of Hong Kong, Seoul, a bit of Seattle, New York, and even St. Paul at various points as we drove around in it.

Didn't really get to experience the nightlife so far as it was more of a family trip. However, hope to do more in the next visit.

I was really happy to try some of the super-authentic Chinese food at a place in Richmond...I miss food like that.

No comments: