Wednesday, February 28, 2007

changing habits isn't easy

Need to change stuff around a bit if I really want to grow.



I'm trying to write a book; and I've made the deceptively simple goal for myself of getting 3 pages of material done per day.



I thought that this was a modest goal, but actually doing it still is a little challenging. Breaking habits (ie, instinctively searching the web when I have a free moment, turn on a DVD when I'm at home, eating alone, choosing to tinker with the computer rather than actually using it productively, blogging, etc) does take a bit of effort.



I guess I really should look at it like Iook at going to the gym - something I really just need to do, no matter what.



(I'm not slavish about going to the gym, but I average around 3 times a week).





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: