Friday, October 28, 2005

it's been a week since my last post

Well, one thing's for certain - I seem to be only able to access and make posts to this blog from my computer at home; via most other ISP's in China this site is just blocked.

Bastards.

Anyway, this really confirms that this isn't really a viable blog location for me; I assume that most of the people reading it (if anyone) are stateside so they have no problems, but it's an issue for me in that I'm only able to post a small part of the time.

Will be working on this slowly.

It's my birthday today! Marsha and I will be visiting Hong Kong for a little while. May not exactly be a relaxing day, but it should be fun.

I look forward to getting at least one real western-style meal.

On a completely unrelated note, I found this article in Slashdot to be really interesting:

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/28/1435228&tid=109&tid=123&tid=219

While the article referred to in the thread is a bit sensationalistic, it was fun to think about...what if Microsoft were to stop selling in South Korea? What a boost that would be to its competitors...(so I really hope they do it...but realistically speaking, they probably won't).

No comments: