Saturday, July 12, 2008

iphone 3g madness

I did walk by the mall last night (we got ice cream), surely enough there was a line snaking around the Apple store, even at nearly 9pm.

The new iphone does seem like a pretty cool toy, but I'm not sure if it's so cool that it's worth spending hours of one's day waiting for it...I'm pretty sure that within 2 weeks availability will be all worked out.

Anyway, I'm also quite amused by the fact that the new iphone OS 2.0 has already been jail-broken...seeing as cingular would intend to rope me into another 2-year contract as well as charge me extra for the privilege, I'd really rather just get the hardware and plug my existing SIM card into it (a la every phone purchase I made in China or Hong Kong).

Seeing as I don't have reason to even use my cell phone that much anymore anyway, the whole scheme seems like a money sink anyway...

No comments: